FAQ's on Juvederm Voluma Filler Treatments- by Dr. Mark Bishara, MD
Juvederm Voluma is the newest hyaluronic acid soft tissue filler to the Juvéderm family. As the name suggests, it is used to replace volume to the tissues of the face. Replacing the volume that has been lost through aging can help to restore a more youthful appearance.
Many times, we focus on superficial wrinkles and skin texture. While important, these issues are only part of the effects of aging. Bringing back the contours of the cheeks and chin that start to flatten as we age can do wonders for the overall appearance of the face. Along with treating wrinkles and skin texture, replacing volume creates a foundation beneath the surface to support the skin and diminishes the look of the lines and wrinkles that come with aging.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is Juvederm Voluma? Juvederm Voluma is the Juvederm specialty product for volumizing. It is designed for injection in the deep dermis to treat age-related facial volume loss.
2. How is Juvederm Voluma different from the rest of the family? it is a thick, robust product ideal for injection in the deep dermis to treat age-related facial loss. This product produces an extremely optimal lift that is still smooth and cohesive.
3. Where is Juvederm Voluma intended to be used? Juvederm Voluma is indicated for volumizing of the cheeks, cheekbones, and chin.
4. Can Juvederm Voluma be injected into the lips? No. Because it is such a thick, viscous product, Juvederm Voluma is not appropriate for injection into the lips. Other products in the Juvederm family (such as Ultra or Ultra Plus) are optimally suited for treatment of the lips.
5. Is Juvederm Voluma injected the same as other Juvederm products? Voluma can be injected through either a needle or a cannula; both are supplied with the product. Regardless of physician choice (needle or cannula), careful training and experience are recommended to become familiar with injecting Voluma.
6. How long does Juvederm Voluma last? Clinical trials show the volumizing results of Voluma to last up to 18-24 months.
7. What are the adverse reactions with Juvederm Voluma? The types of adverse events Voluma demonstrates are consistent with other volumizers, but in very low rates.
8. Who is the appropriate patient for Voluma? Patients who can benefit from Voluma are patients with age-related facial volume loss, which may have resulted in a sunken look or facial asymmetry. (One thing to note is that patients with sagging skin are not good candidates for Voluma-these patients may be better served by surgery.)
12. Why should I use Voluma for volumizing as opposed to another Juvederm product? Voluma is specially designed for true volumizing, with deep dermis injections of the product to volumize cheeks, cheekbones, and chin.
This news is brough to you courtesy of Dr. Mark Bishara and The Paragon Med Spa in Mansfield and Southlake. (817) 473-2120