The ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration Procedure
The ARTAS® System enhances manual surgical performance in three key areas where robotics are proven to extend human capability. For the very latest technology in hair restoration, Dr. Bishara is now using the ARTAS System. This interactive, computer assisted equipment employs image guidance to enhance the quality of hair follicle harvesting. ARTAS is the first hair transplant robot to improve the most challenging aspects of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). It received clearance from the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for use in April 2011.
About the ARTAS® Robotic Procedure:
- Skin tensioner is placed on the trimmed donor area to keep the area taut
- High resolution visualization identifies follicular units on the surface of the patient’s skin and targets them for harvesting
- Image-guided robotic arm maneuvers and deploys the two-needle system, compensating for patient movement
- Inner needle scores the skin, then the dissecting punch separates the follicular unit from the remaining tissue
- Gentle suction lifts the dissected graft partially out of the scalp, so technicians can remove using forceps
- Grafts are manually transplanted in the desired scalp areas
A Better Patient Experience
Nearly 35 million American men are candidates for hair restoration, but only a small fraction choose the procedure. Uncertainty about the procedure results and the long recovery times may be too high a hurdle for many patients. Candidates are demanding a minimally invasive technique that provides consistent, safe results.
With the minimally invasive ARTAS® Robotic System, Dr. Bishara can build patient confidence with reproducible, natural-looking outcomes with fast recovery times. There are many patient benefits including:
- Robotically precise and consistent
- Reduced treatment times
- Less discomfort
- Faster healing and return to normal activities
- Nearly undetectable donor area with no linear scar
The ARTAS® Robotic System is the product of nearly a decade of research and development by Restoration Robotics in collaboration with some of the most respected leaders in hair restoration medicine. After rigorous testing in clinical trials, the ARTAS Robotic System received clearance from the Food and Drug Administration in 2011. Restoration Robotics continues to partner with a growing number of hair restoration physicians, such as Dr. Bishara, to apply robotic technology to improve patient outcomes.
Please call our office for more information on this unique and effective robotic hair restoration procedure at (817) 473-2120 or click on one of the buttons below: Please also visit our website at www.MarkBisharaMD.com for more information on ARTAS.