Laser Hair Removal FAQ's
- These procedures may be offered in informal settings such as shopping malls, spas and walk-in clinics, but it's important for patients to choose an experienced health care provider. Treatments should be performed by or under the direct supervision of a dermatologist or other physician who has appropriate training and expertise.
- In general, 6 or more treatments are required to achieve permanent hair growth reduction.
- Darker hair responds best to laser hair removal.
- Lighter-colored hair is least responsive, but topical medications can be used in an effort to increase effectiveness.
- Patients seeking laser hair removal are advised to avoid tanning or sunless tanners and to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen for up to six weeks prior to treatment.
- The percentage of hairs removed per session varies by location on the body, with thinner-skinned areas (e.g., armpits and bikini area) generally responding better than thick-skinned areas (e.g., back and chin).
- About 10 percent to 25 percent reduction in hair growth can be expected with each treatment.
- Treatments are repeated every four to eight weeks.
- The hair that regrows following treatment tends to be lighter and finer in texture.
- Patients are instructed to avoid sun exposure and to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 30 or higher following the procedure.
This Information is Brought to You Courtesy of Dr. Bishara and The Paragon Plastic Surgery and Med Spa
Current May Special for Laser Hair Removal in our office is Buy 3 get 3 FREE!!! Call our office at (817) 473-2120 to book your appointment
Please visit us on Facebook at The Paragon Plastic Surgery and Medspa
Tags: laser hair removal Arlington TX, laser hair removal cost, laser hair removal DFW TX, laser hair removal faq's, laser hair removal Fort Worth TX, laser hair removal Mansfield TX, laser hair removal Southlake TX