What to Expect From a Neck Lift
A Neck Lift is a set of procedures to enhance the appearance of your neck. Procedures can include:
- Removing excess skin
- Removing or altering neck muscles
- Liposuction to remove excess fat
- Botox injections to address problems with fullness or “bands”
Know Your Goals
You must be in good health to get a neck lift. You’ll consult with your surgeon in advance. For that meeting, have your goals in mind for what you want to change.
Here are some of the most common concerns that are addressed with a neck lift:
- Turkey wattle neck
- Excess fat
- Too much skin
During your consultation, you should go over your goals and learn about the options:
- Turkey Wattle: Your surgeon may recommend surgery, which involves making cuts under your chin or behind your ears or both to access a neck muscle called the platysma. Sometimes, that may even mean removing some muscle. Instead of surgery or in addition to it, Botox injections can relax parts of the platysma that are responsible for the “band” appearance or look of fullness.
- Liposuction: During liposuction, your surgeon will make a small cut below your chin and remove excess fat. If you are also getting other procedures, it is very common for cosmetic surgeons to begin with liposuction. You will be able to determine this with your doctor during your consultation.
- Too Much Skin on Your Neck: Your surgeon will trim parts of the skin and lift it into place, securing it with tissue glue or stitches.
This Information is brought to you courtesy of Dr. Bishara and The Paragon Plastic Surgery & Med Spa